Little Ilford is a multicultural and uniform school; we are a non-religious school and it is expected that all students are correctly dressed. Form tutors have the responsibility of monitoring their students to ensure correct dress is worn. Form Tutors will note this and take appropriate action by notifying parents.
Students will keep the same year group colour throughout their time at the school, so there will be no need to buy a new tie or headscarf each year
The actual requirements are:-
Black blazer with red piping on lapel & Little Ilford School badge on pocket
White blouse with collar,
School tie with Year Group colour - 2022-23; (colours will be kept with year group throughout students’ career at school)
- Y7: Green & red
- Year 8: Gold & red
- Year 9: Blue & red
- Y10: Silver & red
- Y11: Purple & red
- Black V neck pullover or cardigan with embroidered badge (optional)
- Plain smart black trousers – no jeans, chinos or leisure wear and no skinny fit trousers
- Plain smart black skirt at least knee length
- Plain black salwar kameez or kameez with the school logo at knee length with plain black trousers as described above.
- Plain black abaya/jilbab with the school logo. (For Health and safety reasons we do stress that the abaya/jilbab must be ankle length and no longer. Furthermore casual trousers such as jeans must not be worn underneath)
- If wearing a salwar kameez or jilbab students must wear a school jumper/cardigan with the school emblem and blazer.
- Low heeled black shoes or plain black ankle length boots (not trainers/plimsolls or canvas shoes
- Plain black or white socks and black tights (no leggings)
- Plain black head scarves can be worn with a stripe corresponding with their year group colour around all edges of the scarf. (see above). No other head coverings should be worn including bandanas.
No Make up / dyed hair or false eye lashes are allowed.
- Black blazer with red piping on lapel & LITTLE ILFORD SCHOOL badge on pocket
- White shirt with a collar
- School tie with Year Group colour - 2022-23; (colours will be kept with year group throughout students’ career at school) - see illustration above
- Black V neck pullover with embroidered badge (optional)
- Plain black trousers. Low heeled black shoes or plain black ankle length boots (no trainers/plimsolls or canvas shoes are allowed)
- Plain black or white socks
- Prefects, monitors and mediators will wear a badge denoting their role on their blazer pocket
No prayer caps (other than for use at prayers), durags, baseball caps or other headwear and no burkas/niqabs or articles covering the face should be worn.
School bag is to include all essential equipment, diary, pens, pencils, ruler, scientific calculator, rubber. Scientific calculators are for sale in the Library.
P.E. KIT FOR GIRLS:
Black polo shirt with embroidered badge
Black and red shorts which must reach the top of the knee
Black and red socks- which must be below the knee
PE KIT FOR BOYS:
Black polo shorts with embroidered badge
Black rugby shirt with red band & embroidered badge
Black & red shorts
Black & red socks
Black tracksuit bottoms
Red & black quarter zip top with embroidered badge
All P.E kit can be purchased from Ian Howard Uniform Store and Fashion Stop Uniform Store in East Ham.
Students must arrive and leave school in full school uniform and not their PE kit unless instructed otherwise.
Students need to wear a coat or waterproof outdoor clothing when appropriate. These should be suitable for the weather conditions at the time. They must be plain with no large writing or logos on them.
HOODED TOPS or SPORTS WEAR ARE NOT TO BE WORN. Sweatshirt tops are not to be worn as a coat. Bodywarmers are NOT to be worn instead of jumpers or blazers.
Please note that the school tie and headscarves can be purchased from the school via the General Office.
Jewellery must not be worn in school. The only exceptions are:
- Watches (not during public examinations)
- Stud earrings
- Small sleepers
- Religious pendants/ bracelets worn under clothing
All other types of jewellery may be confiscated. (Under grounds of Health and Safety Little Ilford School reserves the right to confiscate any item of jewellery deemed a safety risk).
NOTE – All manner of portable electronic items are not to be used in school: e.g. mobile phones, MP3/4 players, portable gaming devices etc. Any such items will be confiscated and only returned at the end of the week as with mobile phones.
- Pre-loved items - the school aims to carry a range of good quality, pre-loved items which can be purchased at low cost for any family who may need support. Please contact the relevant PAL for your child’s year group.
- All infringements of the uniform code will result in behaviour points accrued. Uniform is a high priority as regards our high expectations of our student community.
- If a student does not have the correct shoes (for whatever reason - a note from the parents/carer must be provided in their diary and dated) the pastoral team will provide plimsolls for the students to wear for that day. Students will NOT be allowed to wear their black trainers while they are waiting to buy their new shoes or get their shoes repaired. If the student refuses to wear the school provided plimsolls/tie etc, then the student will have to spend the day in the Reflection Room.
- Students NOT in the correct uniform will be sent to their Pastoral team and a behaviour point will be logged and parents will receive a phone call/text message.
- The school bag is to include all essential equipment: diary, pens, pencils, ruler, scientific calculator, rubber. The school bag should be large enough to easily hold A4 exercise books.
- Uniform is a high priority as regards our high expectations of our student community.
- All infringements of the uniform code will result in a one hour detention and behaviour points accrued if an appropriate reason, supported by a parental note or message, is not supplied on the day. A parent message will also be sent.
We strongly recommend that you place your order for the new uniform as soon as possible so that it will be ready in September. If the blazer doesn’t fit your child in September, the uniform suppliers will exchange it for the correct size free of charge.
The uniform suppliers are:
409 Barking Road
Tel: 020 8472 1729
138 High Street North
Tel: 020 8552 3200